First published on Jan 30, 2014
Case Study #1 – Hemiplegia (Left sided stroke)
Wheatgrass extract took about 10 minutes to recover movement of all fingers in the above patient’s stroke-caused (7 years duration) clenched hand, about 10 minutes after applying wheatgrass extract. Several days later, the same treatment induced movement to the patient’s shoulder and hip. This was followed a few days later by rapid recovery of his ankle and foot movements as shown at the end of this case. (Note that he is initially walking on the side of his foot but this flattens as he moves forward). He was later able to drive his car for the first time in 7 years.
Case Study #2 – Post meningitis
This young child suffered severe, generalised limb spasticity due to infantile meningitis. Here, she regains a degree of voluntary movement in her knee joint soon after application of wheatgrass.
It appears that re-connection of relevant neural pathways from the periphery to the brain may be induced by wheatgrass.
The following suggestions about using wheatgrass extract are based on results recorded from about a dozen stroke patients.
Please note, these are case studies only. There is NO GUARANTEE WHATSOEVER that the wheatgrass extract will have a similar effect on any particular individual.
1. Apply a small amount of wheatgrass Cream (Spray, Superbalm) once on alternate days. Wheatgrass appears to be catalytic. Use it sparingly.
2. Rub a little over each joint in the affected limb, e.g. all digits if the hand is affected; shoulder if the arm can’t be elevated etc.
3. Wheatgrass appears to only affect the joint where it’s applied. If applied to the upper limb, it will not affect the lower limb.
4. Responses vary between individuals. Improvement can be gradual i.e. weeks to months, or rapid i.e. in several minutes. Others do not respond at all.
5. Work on the most disabling areas first. e.g. drop foot. Apply to the areas of malfunction. i.e. to the calf and Achilles tendon.
6. There may be recovery of sensory or motor function, or both.
7. It is advisable to video the patient’s movements before and after wheatgrass application for accurate assessment of efficacy.
8. If there is no improvement in movement or sensation after one or two weeks’ application, recovery appears to be unlikely.
Dr. Chris Reynolds.