The following suggestions on using wheatgrass extract are based on results so far obtained from approximately ten stroke survivors who have enjoyed some degree of improvement in physical ability. Please note, these are case reports only. There is NO GUARANTEE WHATSOEVER that the wheatgrass cream used on these patients will have a similar effect on other individuals.
1. Apply a small amount of wheatgrass Cream (Spray, Superbalm) sparingly over joints where movement has been affected by the stroke e.g. all digits if the hand is affected; shoulder if the arm can’t be elevated etc. Do this just once on alternate days. Wheatgrass appears to be catalytic in nature so using it in excess is wasteful.
2. Wheatgrass appears to only affect the joints where it’s applied. If applied to the upper limb, it will not affect the lower limb and vice versa.
3. Responses vary considerably between individuals. Improvement can be gradual i.e. weeks, or occur in 10 or 20 minutes after application. Others do not respond at all.
4. Work on the most disabling areas first. e.g. drop foot (apply to the calf and Achilles tendon as this can relax the calf muscles that force the foot down). Also, apply cream over the hip joint if the leg or foot splays outwards as this may improve walking ability.
5. Depending on the degree of “re-connection” to the brain, there may be recovery of sensory or motor function, or both.
6. For accurate assessment, it is advisable to video the patient’s movements before and after applying wheatgrass extract and subsequently.
7. If there is no improvement in movement or sensation after one or two weeks’ application, I would expect recovery to be unlikely.
Dr. Chris Reynolds. M.B.,B.S.
For much more information about the healing properties of wheatgrass, view Dr. Chris’ website: www.wheatgrasshealing.info